Click the picture for the story of Calypso, the Three Legged Green Sea Turtle, and why she's my symbol

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Too freaking hot

It's too freaking hot here. It's not even June yet and the temp is already hitting the 90's. This wouldn't be so much of a problem if it wasn't for the humidity. There was a reason I went out to Colorado and it was because of weather like this.

This weather is supporting my "Peter is an 80 year old man" theory. I can feel my joints swell up when rain clouds are heading in. This makes it even worse getting up in the mornings, since I always start out creaky and sore to begin with. Mostly it is just too hot do anything, since who wants to go out when it's this beastly hot.

I'm not completely new to this type of heat. I spent two summers in North Carolina, with heat that puts this to shame (I'm sure I'm jinxing myself with these words). Both these summers I spent mostly hiding indoors with AC to help me. This isn't really a practical option for this summer however, since the cold of the AC makes my joints hurt worse than the clouds.

To top it all off, my time in the hospital for so long has made me a ghost of my former self (to anyone who knows me and how pale I started, they will understand the gravity of this statement). So I can't stand the sun, the cold makes me hurt, rain makes me ache, and sunshine leaves me crispy. Talk about a rock and a hard place.

No comments:

Post a Comment