Click the picture for the story of Calypso, the Three Legged Green Sea Turtle, and why she's my symbol

Sunday, July 3, 2011

BRACES ARE BROKE! and a reflection

BOTH BRACES ARE BROKE! The electronic one is broken and now the wire brace is broke too. Great, just great. I haven't been wheelchair only in a while. I always have some type of brace around since I started working with them last year. Truth be told it is kind of nice to get a breather. So I'm just thinking I'm taking a vacation from the brace. Everyone else gets a holiday weekend, so why shouldn't I? The wire brace we should be able to get fixed on Wednesday and have the electronic one sent off then too. I've been looking back over my old posts a lot lately. I admit I don't recognize that person anymore, the one who was writing those blog entries. For one thing I don't feel remotely like that 80 year old man anymore. I may be 55 but I'm definitely not 80 any more. I must admit my dreams haven't been nearly as vivid lately. I've changed. I had already begun the process, changing from who I was to who I am now. I know we all change but it's weird to look back and not recognize yourself. Maybe who you were but not who you are now. In general I'm stronger than I used to be. I don't have nearly as much pain, I'm more active. Before, even at my best I was limited to an hour or two. Now I'm out for the whole day, from 10 in the morning to 4 at night. I couldn't keep up that pace all week but it's good. So at least I have my health now. And now it's the forth of July! Happy forth everybody. Don't anybody loose fingers out there! Watch yourselves with those giant illegal fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment