Click the picture for the story of Calypso, the Three Legged Green Sea Turtle, and why she's my symbol

Thursday, August 11, 2011

On Keeping Busy

Keeping busy is hard in between semesters. I'm done with my summer classes and waiting for the fall semester to start. Now normally I wouldn't complain about having some down time but this is more time than I'm used to having. My folk's "we will find something for you to do if you're bored" always has ominous undertones so it never sounds very appealing. So here I am, unsupervised and bored. I find myself lying down and lying on the couch. I'm fighting against it but my natural slacker instincts are playing against me.

My friends have helped me out by getting up and doing things like walking on nature paths and walking down town. I'm very grateful but I lack the something that helps you push yourself forward. I've always had the philosophy:
"If a therapist/friend/family member tells me to do some form of exercise or workout, I do it and give 100%."
My therapists always tell me how nice it is to have a patient willing to do or at least try everything and give 100%. Simply put I've learned that lo and behold my therapists really do know what they're talking about.

So I'm improving but I still lack that drive to push myself without someone intervening, which I will need eventually. How do people do this? I don't have the answer to that. Hopefully I figure it out before I have to this on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment